This Covenant will be attached to all Conveyance or Deeds stipulating the rules by which all lot owners must abide.
Atwood Harbour Subdivision is a Conservation Subdivision and is the first Development of its kind for the North of Acklins, near the Settlement of Chester and Lovely Bay Acklins.It’s Developer is Alfred DeCosta of Nassau, Bahamas.
The intent and purpose of this Covenant is to insure that Atwood Harbour Subdivision is a high quality development, with Residential and Commercial lots, having a uniform plan of development thereby providing for the protection of property values, quality of life and preservation of the natural beauty, and its native,vegetation,wildlife and Wetland.
This Covenant is to protect the owners investment in their homes against improper use of building sites, that will depreciate the value of their property, to guard against the erection of poorly design structures, built with improper or unsuitable building material, and to obtain harmonious colour schemes of white, cream and light pastel colours and to encourage attractive homes and buildings.
(1) All building shall have a foundation which has been cut into the surface of the earth, with Rebar’s and poured concrete into it. The exterior walls will comprise of 8” masonry blocks and all columns shall have rebar attached to the foundation rebar, and poured with concrete. The Belcourse will be reinforced with rebar’s which will be attached to the column rebar’s, and concrete will be poured. The roof frame will be made of 2/6 and 2/4 wood, with hurricane straps and shingles of asphalt and wood will be used.
(2) Structure: Only two structure may be erected on the 1/4 acre lots, with the main structure being no smaller than 1300sq.Houses will not be allowed to be construct out of ply wood or Sheet Rock on its outer surface.
(3) Parcel or Lot: No parcel or Lot will be further divided.
(4) Commercial Business will not be allowed on Residential Lots. Commercial lots are provided for this purpose.
(5)Mining: The mining of Quarry will not be permitted by any land owner, who purchases a high elevation lot.
(6) Trailer or Mobile Homes: Will only be permitted to be stored on premised temporally or during construction.
(7) Disposal of Garbage: Each Home Owner will be required to build a Garbage Cage to house their Garbage Bins.
(8) Laundry: No clothing line with cloth shall be displayed in the front of any residence or Garage, where it could be seen by passersby.
(9) Hedges: All lot owners are permitted to grow their own hedge, however it must be groomed and its height shall be no higher than 6ft, but must be from native vegetation.
(10) Cattle, Swine and Poultry: Shall not be kept or raised on any lot, however dogs and cats are allowed, but not to roam freely and create a nuisance to other homeowners.(Parks,Trails,Wetlands etc.
(11) Landscaping: Each owner will be responsible for the proper care of his lawn,however if the owner only resides on his premises on a temporary basis,the Association will provide the service for cleaning the premises and bill the owner.
Subject to the rights of the Developer, as set out but the By Laws, the subdivision shall be administered by the Atwood Harbour Subdivision Association, a non-profit Corporation whose membership shall exclusively be Lot owners, who shall administer,manage,regulate and operate the Common Areas of the Subdivision.